For those with oily or combination skin, facial oils may seem like a disaster waiting to happen.
That’s exactly what I believed. I thought I wasn’t a facial oil person — until the winter of 2017 (and my 40’s) struck with a vengeance and traditional moisturizer just wasn’t working for my skin anymore.
Thankfully, Lunalis launched their Extreme Face Oil in the nick of time. This botanical-based problem solver manages to keep everything in check, from fine lines and dryness to congestion and dullness.
There are five different oils concentrated into every stunningly luxe bottle: geranium, jojoba, pomegranate, safflower, and a little-known skin care all-star, prickly pear seed oil.
What is prickly pear seed oil? It comes from a fruit-producing cactus, which I’m now officially obsessed with. I mean, think about it. If a plant can thrive endlessly in the desert without moisture (and still look good), think of what it can do for your skin. That’s Extreme Face Oil: long-lasting, desert-tested hydration.
For those with oily skin or even just an oily T-zone (me!), you have nothing to fear. Many of the oils in this masterful blend have oil-balancing properties, delivering just the right amount of hydration while tackling any surplus. This quality makes for a delightfully lightweight, no-shine-left-behind facial oil.
Extreme Face Oil is also an A+ choice for those prone to redness or irritation. I hate fragrance and artificial colors and this oil has none. It imparts just a hint of geranium flower scent on contact. I also love that Extreme Face Oil has left out other bogus ingredients like parabens, phthalates, mineral oil, petrolatum, synthetic fragrance, DEA, PABA and paraffin.
Things I Love
In a nutshell, here are the qualities I love most about this do-it-all oil:
- Just-right moisture: This oil hydrates, without leaving your face looking slick.
- No wait time: It absorbs quickly for immediate makeup application.
- Soothing: Redness is calmed and cleared away.
- Pore-perfection: Not a blackhead in sight.
- No-nonsense purity: The oil is clear, unscented and primarily plant-based.
- A Touch of Luxe: 24k gold flakes deliver unexpected luminosity.
- So Fresh and So Gleam(ing): My skin looks bright throughout the day.
A Breakdown of Ingredients
● Geranium Oil: Thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, geranium (Pelargonium graveolens) oil is considered to be a top choice for oily, acne-prone skin. In the anti-aging department, this oil over-delivers by encouraging firmness and staving off the signs of aging.
● Jojoba Oil: This gentle, non-allergenic oil contains fatty acids to replenish and repair, antioxidants that help resist the signs of aging and plant sterols to control inflammation.
● Pomegranate Oil: Full of antioxidants and fatty acids, this anti-ager goes to work on fine lines and sagging skin, while locking in moisture.
● Prickly Pear Seed Oil: Derived from one of nature’s highest-performing plants, prickly pear seed oil manages to protect the skin against free radical damage and promote cell renewal for a fresher appearance, all while nixing dryness and calming inflammation.
● Safflower Oil: It’s no wonder I never suffer breakouts anymore. Safflower oil is used to treat acne, as well as issues like eczema and psoriasis. Teeming with Vitamin E, this multi-talented hydrator also improves skin elasticity and the look of wrinkles.
How I Use Lunalis Extreme Face Oil
AM: I wash face with Urban Skin RX Even Tone Skin Cleansing Bar, pat face dry and apply Lumene Glow Boost Essence to face and neck. I then massage CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion with SPF 30 on my face and neck. Finally, I take two drops of Extreme Face Oil and pat it all over. After applying makeup, I dot some of the oil along my cheekbones for a pretty highlighting effect.
PM: I wipe away eye and face makeup with an e.l.f. cleansing cloth, then wash face with Urban Skin RX Even Tone Skin Cleansing Bar. I apply Skin Medica Lytera 2.0 Pigment Correcting Serum, Differin Gel and then four drops of Extreme Face Oil, which will take care of my face and neck.
Where to Buy
By creating a gentle, yet powerfully effective face oil that solves a multitude of issues for oily, dry, mature and combination skin, Lunalis has pulled off a magic hat trick that few other skin care companies have managed to do. You’ll find Extreme Face Oil for sale on the company’s website at lunalis-cosmetics.com.